Friday, September 7, 2012

Details

Disclaimer: writing and I get along like oil and water. The goal of this blog is share my adventures with others and hope others will live out her/ his dreams, the goal is not show off or be a great writer.

Details, I hope I have them sorted out. I am in the Oakland Airport waiting to board a train to Mt Shasta, I feel the same relief as I do when I get on the bus heading for woods. I am very excited, I haven't been sleeping well with anticipation. I am bit worried on how I am going to feel tomorrow after not sleeping well for a few days and being on the train all night. I know that it will work out.  

Trip details
Route: 
we are starting in Mt Shasta, CA (northern California) heading south to Truckee, CA
Truckee heading west to San Frisco 
San Frisco heading south to San Diego
San Diego to St. Augustine, FL! Passing though Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida. 

Total Miles: ball park 4,300 miles 

Daily Miles: we hope to ride around 60-80 miles 6 days a week. One the 7th day we will rest/ work. 

Sleeping: I brought my tarp and will camp most days! 

Bike: I am riding a Salsa Viya, a touring bike. (I need to name it, suggestions are welcome). 

Carrying system: I have chosen to go with racks and saddle bags. I have two rear bags, a bag off my handle bars. I have no idea why many cyclist carry four large saddle bags. But I think I will learn over time. 

Favorite Gear: that one is hard, wind shirt, helmet, sun glasses

Worried about: getting a tan. Yes, Nan with tan, well maybe. 

I would love a suggestion of places to stop along the way or good books a read. Thanks for reading. I hope your dreams come true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment