Thursday, September 20, 2012

Making miles

Hi there, I hope this finds you well. We have made it to Lake Tahoe! I have traveled just over 300 miles! The past few days we have upped our mileage. It was nice to ease into touring with the first few days low mileage. On Monday we took a rest day in Quincy, we did lundry and I spent time doing work for the foundation. Tuesday, was a great day. I got a mirror for my helmet, I have made fun of them in the past but for touring when you dont the roads it is nice. I also got a kickstand, I am not sure if I like it. It may come off in the next bit. Then we headed out, we rode over two passes. Kyle came up with a jingle to the tune of Hiho from the 7 dwarfs, "Hiho, Hiho! To Lee's Summit we go! We riding our bikes and having some fun Hiho Hiho..." we would sing whiling riding. I got my Brevard College jersey at the post office. Gernal delivery is great. Now I have to apply even more sunscreen. I am getting a tan! Then we were two miles from where we wanted to stay. The last five miles was flat with a tail wind. I was about 100 yards in front of Kyle and Sarah. Well, Kyle decided to catch me. He flys by me saying "what do you have little girl?" my response was "I am on empty." I couldn't keep up with him. Once we arrived in town our loading options weren't great, expensive hotel or expensive campground or ride 4 miles up a steep hill. We grabbed a quick bit to eat than trucked it up the hill. We rode just over 50 miles that day. It was a great day of riding.
The past two days we have been from outside Truckee to South Lake Tahoe. I am ready for the tree again. The lake is beautiful but there are tons of people. Tonight, two of Kyle and Sarah's friends from touring met up with us and we all went out to dinner. The crowd that touring brings is fun. They offered for me to stay with them!
I am heading west tomorrow towards San Fran! I hope to be there by Monday or Tuesday. Happy riding.
Cheers from Nanland













No comments:

Post a Comment