Sunday, September 16, 2012

The good life!

Disclaimer: writing and I get along like oil and water. The goal of this blog is share my adventures with others and hope others will live out her/ his dreams, the goal is not show off or be a great writer.

Hi from Chester, CA. Thanks for all of the emails that my blog was down. I have no idea what happened but it should be back up and working. 

The past few days I have been riding though National Forest and Lassen National Park with the couple I met in Mt Shasta. They are the same age as my parents!  They typically eat out for most of their meals but with no restaurants I have been cooking for them. We have a deal, I cook and they buy the food. I made them pizza, pan cakes, rice and beans, and biscuites. The road though Lassen National Park goes to the base of the mountain which is at 8,512 feet! The climb is 15 miles long and so is the down hill.  My bike computer hasn't been working so I have no idea how fast I am going but I do know I loving being on my bike. My legs are feeling good, they are getting in shape for this ride. Here are some pictures 
This was a thing we saw along the road.
Here is the three of us with Mt Lassen. I can't figure out how to scroll down, but the next few shots are taken from Lassen National Park. 








All is well from Nanland! Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nan-- I see that you are back on the road again. Last time we heard from you was in late December. Hope this finds you well. Donetta and I are doing well and have her graqnddaughter and two kids (2 1/2 months and 3 1/2 years living with us currently. It is a challenge. Take care and enjoy your freedom, which is easily earned.

    --John and Donetta, Las Cruces, New Mexico

    ReplyDelete